"Suck Those Cheeks in Dahhlings"
The wanderer has returned, only now I have a sunkissed radiance about me, have added a couple of pounds and am neurotic about moisturising.
The first week was perfect in everyway, pure paradise. The second week slightly tainted with worry, my parents flew home 7 days early, as news came of my Grandads rapid decline. He was not expected to live the week. He did and is still hanging on.
Rachel and I stayed on for various reasons and given the circumstances, we still had some fun times, including going clubbing with an extremely camp, 21 year old Belgium holiday rep from the hotel, who was the sweetest, funniest guy you could wish to meet. Total waste of a good man.
In those few hours spend in The Cave Club, we ripped some major floorboards up. There is nothing quite like trying to emulate an agile, gay man frantically voguing, when you are at least 10 years older than anyone else in the establishment. I have never felt so old. Nevertheless, Rach and I gave some local teenagers a laugh with our clean moves *ahem*.
A fantastic holiday under the circumstances, although I wouldn't go with the parents again. Near parental strangulation at some points, with Rachel as voluntary accomplice. Next year we will bugger off somewhere hot on our own. It's ok, her husband said she could. Dam, I love her hubby almost as much as she does.
*I will do blog rounds soon, promise!


