1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Just here alone and need to get something off my chest, I don't know whether to be upset or angry.
As I've said here before, I don't have much time for my Grandad, I love him, but I don't like him very much. I know old people become selfish, but Grandad has always been this way, I have heard stories from Dads childhood that makes me respect Dad so much for even still talking to him and I also remember him from my childhood being highly selfish.
I had mum on the phone in tears a while ago, Grandad rang her today...
"I've been up all night worrying about my shrubs, I need Stewart to come and prune them"
"You know he's not well enough Ernie, he's sleeping a lot and on morphine!"
"I know, but can't he take some morphine and then you drive him over quickly so he can get started on them straight away?"
"He's not well enough Ernie, why can't your gardener do it?"
"And how much is THAT going to cost me?"
The man has more money than he knows what to do with, I can't believe he even considered demanding his dying son does his garden so that he can save a tenner, it's beyond words.
Mum did his shopping on Monday and has since gone to the shop twice more to get him things he has rung up and demanded, things that are not essential but that he apparently MUST have. She clearly can't cope with his demands anymore, she is in effect now a carer of three family members and enough is enough I say.
I've ordered her to ring Grandads social worker in the morning and demand someone do his shopping, washing and ironing and the tight selfish bastard will have to pay for it and if I go to hell for saying that, I don't give a fig, he's already lived most of his life and a damn easy privileged one it's been, now it's time for the attention he seeks to stop, it should be all about his son now.
Ahhhhhhhh, the weight, it is slightly lifted, I should be able to settle down and eat my Rusks in relevant calmness. What? I LIKE baby food!


