Hip and Shit
Whoa, big response, cheers for the support all, it's very much appreciated.
I guess the guy picked the wrong week to mess. Bad week, bad news, bad ass Jilly, heh.
So, let's move on to calmer matters.
I have spent an obscene amount of money on cd's this week.
I don't know if I'm going through an early mid-life crisis, but I suddenly feel the need to know every word, of every song, on every 'mint' album that's out at the moment. It's as if my life depends on it, kind of like the TV show, 'Name that tune in 5 or get electrocuted'..........What? No such show? Dam well should be.
Because I'm so anal, I will only listen to them in the order that they were bought and one must run completely through before I can play the next. I have control and order problems, obviously. Well, you know, until it comes to things like spending money I don't have, or say coffee consumption, we can't all be perfect eh.
So, I now think I'm all hip and shit. I can sing you any Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters, Maroon 5 or Killers tracks and I have at least 5 more albums I want need to buy and to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure what type of music some of them are, I just feel compelled to have them, because it's what all the cool kids are talking about. What the hell is that all about?
On a completely different matter, my mum is a member of the WI, you know, just like 'Calendar Girls' only with considerably bigger buns.
Another WI member contacted her, (knowing she likes to tinkle the ivories a little) and asked her to play the WI anthem, Jerusalem, at some random get together, (probably the plum jam making challenge of 2005 or such like).
So, yesterday she rang and asked me to listen to her rendition, down the phone.
Good god people, she will give half the WI members a stroke with that noise. I lost count of the number of bum notes and pauses where pauses shouldn't have been. But, what really cracked me up, was that every time she hit a clanger, I could hear her shouting, "that was a wrong note by the way". Noooo, you don't say mother.
I was very diplomatic of course, lied through my teeth in fact. I had no choice. She would have practised and then rung again for a repeat performance. Feck that, I've been weepy enough over the last few days, thank you very much.
Tomorrow I'm meeting a fairly new acquaintance in the cafe, her name is Fenella.
Fenella talks like the queen, I need to take a common person's translator with me.
Fenella has multiple plums in her mouth, I hope she takes them all out before trying to drink her coffee.


