oldandcomputerilliterate.com..
It has been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did yesterday, at Dad's attempt to use the self service hot drinks machines in S@insburys.
There were 5 minutes chaos of splattered hot water, runaway coffee granules, handled soup bowls mistaken for coffee cups and many panic pulled faces and frantic flapping of hands. Really, whilst I'm sat alone at the table snorting hysterically, there were people giving me 'the look', like "oh bless, the woman in the wheelchair can't control her vocal chords", which of course makes me laugh harder, because I have a sick sense of humour and I'm allowed to laugh, cos hey, I'm the one in the chair ner ner!
I did eventually get my coffee, in a coffee cup and hot, which, you know, was a miracle considering the technology involved. He only got a mobile phone last month and still can't use it, but plans on going online this winter, which, yey, panic phone calls every couple of hours, "Jilly, Jilly, poppy things on screen, popping up everywhere, stop the poppiness!".
Dad, on listening to Kanye West's album in the car on the way home....
"This is such crap I bet it came with free toilet paper"
Yeah I know I'll be old one day, but until I am, I have the right to take the piss.
On a serious note, my thoughts are with all those in the US who are preparing to evacuate due to the coming hurricane, including my British, but now living in Texas soul sister Jane, who is alone and dealing with a new and frightening experience.
I love you hun, stay strong xxx


