Let me rock you Chakra Khan
My social life has suddenly exploded, I've gone from one or two nights out a week, to five in a row with another two to come, I've intentionally made an effort to widen my horizons, but on reflection, it would be nice to have a night in with Dirty Dancing and some Ben and Jerry's.
I've just got back from T's house, a friend/leader of my meditation group. She's not as you may expect, no open toed sandals, tie dye skirts or finger cymbals, just a down to earth Londoner, married with 2 teenage boys and working as a colour coordinator, (I really have no idea, but always feel more anxious than usual when matching the hues of my skirt and tops).
The purpose of the visit was to run over the basics of meditation, I honestly couldn't understand why this would be necessary, isn't just closing your eyes imagining candyfloss and kittens or a grope with Adrian Grenier for twenty minutes then waking up feeling as fresh as a daisy good enough? Apparently not, so it seems.
My head is now full of Seven Chakras, Solar Plexus and Microcosmic Orbits plus strict instructions to, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NEVER MESS WITH A OUIJA BOARD!
I think I've absorbed it all, apart from the Ouija board warning, that's just far too an exciting pass time to give up, I'm all for a bit of dancing with the devil.
I never set out to take this stuff seriously, but the more I get involved the more inquisitive I become. Rather like the current desperation to find out who the middle aged woman is that pops into the single guy's house opposite on alternate evenings and are they really, actually, 'doing it', because that quality gossip could move me at least two rungs up the ladder around here.
Now if you will excuse me, like a good little girl, I have homework to complete..
Incense sticks = check
Dolphin CD = check
Meditation instruction sheet = check
Third eye = Shit, I think I left that in the car.
T's adorable dog Finian. Basset Hound/Spaniel cross whom likes to give presents, shoes mostly, with the occasional tampon sneakily rummaged from a handbag thrown in.



