The back bone is connected to the............ Oww!
I have had such a good few days, done so much more than normal, then it goes tits up. Bah.
Whilst getting dressed this morning my back gave way, I spent an hour and a half laid awkwardly on my bed, with not a stitch on, completely unable to move a muscle.
To cut a long story short, I was in a state of nekkidness until 2pm when my mum arrived. Dignity, dignity, where fore art tho?
The operation on my spinal cord tumour included a complete laminectomy, which is basically the cutting away of part of a vertebrae to get to the spinal cord, ( in my case 4 vertebrae), therefore leaving the spinal column weaker, so this kind of thing is bound to happen when I have been overdoing movement. So, no biggy right? Well, no, but when living alone, yes, it flippin is a biggy! Gah.
I could of course stay with my parents for the time being, as they would like, but I am well known and pride myself on being the most stubborn, independent cripple in these here parts and I don't intend to step down from that pedestal dammit. As long as I can pee 'somehow', reach my meds bag and reach my keyboard, I am staying put.
If there is no improvement by Friday, the doctor will be putting me down, or something similar. Anything other than having to visit that bloody hospital again please!!
But seriously, it feckin hurts, we are talking crying out and biting on fingers pain here, plus the fact there is no way I am going to be able wash, dress my lower half or reach my toothbrush for a while.
Anyone want to visit? No? Can't imagine why.


