« Home | Super, fantastic, greeeeeeeat! » | Coooeeee.. » | Why? » | Aye? What? Speak up! » | Windy wendy » | Hello world, welcome to my patch. » | Dream on  » | Cos, like, I'm bored. NOT. » | Give me 5 » | Just a big fat blank » 

Monday, August 01, 2005

From the mouths of sprogs

Kids nowadays are so rude, the things that they come out with I would have got 50 lashes for in my day....

I am referring to my 2 year old god daughter at the weekend......

"Jilly, yous a doughnut"

"Jilly's a big lemon"

"Oi, lady, shurrup!"

Pretty cute and funny huh? Yeah, well not so much when in your ear at 7am after only getting to bed 3 hours earlier and NO sleep.

I remained sober amazingly enough, after the mother of all curries, Claire and I spend the rest of the night comparing indigestion symptoms...

"Oh I am so having a heart attack..."
"Bleeeergh.... Oh my god, that feels better.."
"Oh, oh, I got one coming that's gonna blow that burp off the face of the earth"
"Bring it on smart arse"
*punching myself in the stomach* "Burp dammit!!"

I don't think there has ever been a night in all the years we have known each other that we have managed to get to bed before 2am. You think I talk? You ain't seen nothing, Claire, my friends, is the 'original' motormouth and I bow down to her vocal stamina, even if it prevents me from hearing the constant sound of my own voice.

I did learn how handy an eager 7 year old can be when you could murder orange juice and toast in bed without moving a muscle. But I also found out it's far easier to just make it yourself than having to spend an hour clearing up the kitchen of butter smears and spillages.

I had a smashing time and have arranged a replay in 3 weeks, when we will drug the children, in an attempt to keep them sleeping until at least 10am.

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.