We Taught Andy and Lou All They Know
Whilst on holiday, Rachel was gobsmacked by the amount of people that stare at a younger person in a wheelchair. I guess us going out for an afternoon here and an evening there at home, wasn't enough time for her to realise just how many people find me interesting.
By staring, I don't mean glances, (most common method being, start at the head and work down, always linger on the legs as if expecting there to be a third), quick second looks, or uncomfortable diversion of eyes. All of these are perfectly normal human behaviour, I know, I used to do the same, I understand the need for curiousity and therefore don't mind in the least. No, what I am talking about, what really pissed Rachel off, were the amount of people that blatantly gaped, didn't look away when eye contact was made and then proceeded to about turn as we passed to have a good gander from behind, maybe throwing in a quick dig of the spouses ribs and a whisper in the ear, (don't wanna miss a second of that show love!).
Anyway, my point is, Rachel started to find it entertaining to either 'out stare' them, ask if they would like a signed autograph, or announce... "yeah, she's dead, but I just can't let her go" *sob*. Although all of these were genius in themselves, my absolute favourite 'embarrass the hell outta them' invention of hers, was the hungry bum, pidgeon toed, "we all live in a yellow submarine" singer.
You might just want to stop and imagine that for a minute.....
I wish I had taken a camcorder, it really was the most ridiculous sight, but as a consolation prize, I can offer you the classic Rachel hungry bum in all its glory...
No, we don't want to grow up, but thanks for asking.


