Truly Scrumptious
I seemed to have pretty much neglected this blog so far this year, it's hasn't been intentional, more a lack of time and energy. After being out of action for the most of January, I have spent the last three weeks catching up with friends; making up for the drinks that were not drunk and jollity that was not had over Christmas, not to mention presents, more lovely presents, yey.
I've just returned from a weekend in a soft play area, one that resembles my friends front room oddly enough and there were children, lots and lots of children, some of which are my god daughters, some of which just wandered in through the front door as if walking into the local toy library, whipping their membership cards from their little tyke wallets after testing out which item is the best to make a dent in the side of your siblings face. A row of three homes, containing a total of eleven children. If you're thinking of moving to the Salisbury area contact me first, I may just save you from possible alopecia and stress induced IBS.
The trouble with adults is they like to talk in 'adult' time, without squealing interruptions, snot being smeared on their sleeve or having to wipe some random kid's arse. 'Adult' time starts at 8pm and when you have many many months of catching up to do, it invariably means you will be up until 5am two nights running, and then awoken at 7am by a three year old insisting loudly that you must drink the pretend beverage they have so lovingly concocted.
So yeah, these weekends do me the world of good, they enable me see the positive side of not having kids, besides, I find them a little chewy. I’m off to find a tooth pick.


