Swimmingly Swimmy
I'm not a big drinker. At most I have alcohol half a dozen times a year, only a couple of those times will I drink enough to feel ill the next day.
In my younger years I was known as Jilly the fish due to the extraordinary amount I could knock back, drinking most of my male friends under the table, whilst remaining completely dignified and still able to walk in 5 inch stilettos without causing my tibia to snap right out of its shin, but something happens as we get older, our bodies take longer to recover from a poisoned liver, leaving us feeling fragile for a good 24 hours longer than we did 10 years ago, (and whilst we are on the subject of the older body, what's acid indigestion all about? Why did I spend the first 35 years of my life thinking that anybody who couldn't survive a day without a Rene was a big girls blouse who needed to stop eating so many pickled onions, only to find myself rifling through the draws at 2am looking for anything that will stop my esophagus melting?)..
anyway, as I was saying..
I haven't felt the need to drink for a good 5 years now, I will partake on special occasions, or when it's just easier to give in than have your friends take the piss out of you every time you order a ginger beer and I certainly don't buy or keep alcohol in my house, I've never seen the point of drinking alone..
..until now. Is it a slippery slope from here? Does the genre of beverage entitle one to private tennis lessons from Rupert Diddly-Smyth followed by tea on the lawn sporting ones best Ascot hat dahling? Might I be a tad pissed right this very minute? Will you keep it under your hat that I read Heat magazine?



