« Home | Normal service will resume.... ummm... sometime. » | "Me do anything for cookie" » | What happened to the day spa? » | Not the best of days » | I never thought » | Dead rabbit walking » | TMI » | Good lord, I literally AM edible. » | Does this face look bov'verd? » | Swimmingly Swimmy » 

Monday, August 20, 2007

Abuseanurse.com

Hi everyone, I won't be spelling checking, comma checking, grammar checking, cos I is a badass muvva.

Dad's pulled through another major hiccup. He had a stomach drain put in on Friday and they drained 9 litres. I still can't get my head around that, no wonder he had a distended belly.

He is still very poorly, and his lung scans are not good, we are not sure if it's fluid or pneumonia.

He is still incoherent and hallucinating and is on a anti sickness pump, but isn't suffering any of these things half as much as he was up until yesterday.

We had some major issues with the nursing care, I found him on Thursday naked from the waist down, not covered up, hanging off the bed (he is supposed to have the sides up because he has been throwing himself around with the hallucinations), covered in new and old vomit, his bottom sheet on the floor so he was lying on the mattress. I think that was the most distressing day for me so far.

It's all sorted now, I rang the oncologist and the palliative care team and told them he had been thrown in the corner like a dog and I created so much hell on the ward that they threatened to call security Thankfully the oncology team came down and gave the ward a roasting too, they didn't even know Dad had been admitted, he was put on a chest ward and nobody bothered to tell the cancer team, they also would have had no idea he had terminal cancer until we told them, because Dads notes never came for 48 hours!!

Breeeeath Jilly Breeeeath.

Anyway, kicking up a stink worked, because since then they have been pretty good.

We hope to get some major answers to questions today, we are confused about the way things have been going for dad, we were told he would be comfortable and have a decent quality of life, but that just hasn't happened over the last couple of months. They either need to step up the drugs and get on top of these symptoms, like the fluid, sooner, or be straight with us if there is nothing they can do and this is the way it has to be, mum and I feel we are struggling in the dark at the moment.

I can't see him today because I have the lurgy, bah and double bah.

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.