« Home | Dead rabbit walking » | TMI » | Good lord, I literally AM edible. » | Does this face look bov'verd? » | Swimmingly Swimmy » | Who ate all the.. » | Oh, wow, look, a blog! (and don't judge my grammer... » | Update on Dad » | Leave a message after the tone... » | Fragmented Spice » 

Thursday, August 02, 2007

I never thought

I never thought I would be constantly cleaning up after my father, (he has gut/intestinal Carcinoid, I don't think I need to elaborate), whilst my mother is stifling her sobs in the bathroom because shes just about given as much as she can give.

I never thought I would hold a woman who never cries, everyday for two weeks whilst she sobs her heart out.

I never thought I would have to 'have a chat' with my father about the way he is treating my mother right now, about how I know it's the cancer and the drugs and I understand he is angry and has every right to be, but can he please try to not shout at her, especially whilst using such hurtful words.

I never thought I would feel the guilt that I feel when I leave their house at the end of the day to return to mine.

I never thought I would feel the dread that I feel when I get in the car each morning to drive to theirs.

I never thought that even though I see my father everyday, his sunken yellow face still shocks me every time.

I never thought my father would want to close himself away from his family to obsessively watch TV in the bedroom.

I never thought my mother would be too terrified to speak to her husband for fear of his response.

I never thought I would feel like I am solely propping my mother up and if I were to walk away she would shatter into 1000 pieces.

I never thought I would have such an intense feeling of wanting to make everything alright and feel like a failure because I can't.

I never thought I would go behind my parents back and contact a professional because I am so worried about their relationship/mental health only to be met by the usual NHS brick wall.

I never thought I would be able to cope with the things that are going on right now.

I never gave myself credit.

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.