« Home | Not the best of days » | I never thought » | Dead rabbit walking » | TMI » | Good lord, I literally AM edible. » | Does this face look bov'verd? » | Swimmingly Swimmy » | Who ate all the.. » | Oh, wow, look, a blog! (and don't judge my grammer... » | Update on Dad » 

Monday, August 06, 2007

What happened to the day spa?

I had a day off nursing duty. Did you sleep in Jilly? Enjoy a leisurely morning reading the independent followed by an afternoon Danielle Steele movie special on TMF? Why no, no I didn't as a matter of fact, I went to replenish my cupboards so that I can now eat proper food when I come home of an evening, instead of the stray noodles that I've been scraping from the back of the larder.

Seriously, this is the first time in over 2 months that I have had any substantial foodstuffs in the kitchen, hence why I went for superfoods, for the energy, because it is lacking. Greatly.
I also got very wet, due to the thunder storm that lasted all afternoon. In August. Because this is Britain.

I can not believe how quiet the road is behind the flat. As I've mentioned before, I live near a slaughter house, well, they like to call it a 'meat factory', but I know they murder in there, I feel the desperation every time a lorry load of doe eyed cows whizz past my door, tongues probing through the trailer grids, moo'ing their last moos.

Anyway, as I was saying, the road is unusually quiet at the moment. No cattle trailers juganauting along every 5 minutes, (is juganauting a word? I don't care if it isn't, I like it), spewing cow piss and dung all over the road every time they turn a corner. This is due to the foot and mouth outbreak of course, non transportation of hoofed animals, which means my bed is temporary a non vibrating one, because seriously, for the last 7 years I have literally been rock and rolled all night long.

So, after visiting the supermarket, chemist, recycling tip (my parents have finally let go of their VHS tapes, there were almost tears) and a good old cupboard clear out followed by guinea pig cage clean, I did take time to annoy the rodent with the camera. She has been so neglected lately that when I come home she follows me everywhere, constantly squeaking. The guilt of a working mother is a torturous one.

Back into the nursing uniform tomorrow, I hear today was a better day, lets home it continues.




|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.