« Home | What Rocks? What Sucks? » | Can't be with him and hating it » | Abuseanurse.com » | Normal service will resume.... ummm... sometime. » | "Me do anything for cookie" » | What happened to the day spa? » | Not the best of days » | I never thought » | Dead rabbit walking » | TMI » 

Thursday, September 06, 2007

"See, I think you're scared. You put up a big glass wall to keep from getting hurt. But it also keeps you from getting touched"

We interrupt this, errr *silence* to bring you a news flash.

Last Thursday we were told Dad had a couple of weeks to live. Last Friday he developed pleurisy and pneumonia and I spent 24 hours beside what we were told was his death bed. Tomorrow he will be deemed stable enough to come home. Welcome to the roller coaster on which rides the family of the man that defies all odds.

It still stands that he has a couple of weeks to live, weeks in which he will be organising his "wicker coffin because it's environmentally friendly, no Jilly you won't see through the gaps, they're lined" and "celebration of life, at which you better get pissed and enjoy yourselves or else I'll come back and scare the holy beejesus out of ya", whilst mum and I try to recover from the worst week of our lives before it happens all over again.

Please don't say how wonderful it is that he is still with us, Dad would be the first one to argue with you. There is only so much suffering, pain and emotional turmoil that a family can go through without it affecting their relationship. The cancer is the not the worst thing about this situation, in fact it's the easiest to deal with. It's not how they portray it in the movies, I blame my rose tinted glasses on 'Love Story'.

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.