"Oi. Big Nose!"
I'm unusually impatient for 2008 to arrive because for the past year I have written it instead of 2007 on important documents/cheques more times than I can remember. I don't know why, the only reason I can think of is because it's an even number and even numbers are prettier than odd. When driving I can't have the car stereo volume turned to an odd number, so much so that I compulsively check the levels by twiddling the knob so that the digital display lights up, even though I know damn well it's at level 12 just like the last time I looked. I'm uneasy and anxious with odd, secure and relaxed with even, which I have decided, explains why it's impossible for me to eat just one biscuit.
I've never been a big New Years Eve person. I'm pretty non plussed by sailing into another 12 months, it's not that I'm miserable or fearful of it, I've just never found it as exciting and joyous as most. Things were different in my younger days of course, a new hour was a good enough excuse to get pissed and kiss a random bloke, but nowadays I'm perfectly happy to have a quiet drink with friends or family. This year I had planned to be with Dad at midnight and if that didn't work out, I was invited to a party. As it turns out I have a head cold (yes I have only just recovered from 3 weeks of infections, what can I say, I'm a gluttonous bitch), so can't be around Dad and I simply can't be arsed to tart myself up for a party, no, I'm quite happy at home with my cranberry juice, slurping Greek yogurt and honey whilst watching Life of Brian.
I don't usually make resolutions, doing so seems to be an obvious step to failure, but this year I fancied taking the risk. Firstly I want to make more of an effort to blog regularly, situations permitting, so I'm planning on five entries a week and if I keep in mind that a entry can consist of just a photograph or a couple of sentences if I'm pushed for time, then I'm far more likely to stick to it. Secondly, I need to learn to cook and it needs to be decent vitamin rich foods. The amount of sinus, ear and throat infections I've had this year is way past funny and I know my diet doesn't help, so instead of grabbing periodic bowls of cereal or toast, I have to get over my cooking laziness and start making proper grub. In actual fact, this may shock you, but I made carrot and coriander soup today, which for me is an achievement and a half, in fact I was so chuffed with myself that I rang my brother to squeal down the phone once I realised I had eaten some and hadn't keeled over! So you see I have all the best intentions, I really do, but I can't promise, that in the next couple of months the odd bowl of branflakes won't make an appearance as a main meal, it's just so hard to go cold turkey on all that cardboardy goodness.
Have a fantastic evening and day tomorrow. I hope the new year is everything you want it to be.



