« Home | Until we meet again Dad » | 4AM » | I have big doubts... » | Had to blackmail myself to get this written » | No it's not that, Dad is still alive and kicking. » | AM phone call from the OT » | Documenting where we are quickly before it changes... » | Kicking of arse is an anticlimax » | *Queue Rocky Theme Tune* » | 4AM and waiting for Murray » 

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing flowery, just from the heart.

Written to read at the funeral, Mon 23rd.

DAD


I can still feel your hand in mine
And your loving warm embrace
I can still hear your laughter
And see that smile upon your face

I thank you for the confidence that
You helped grow tall and strong
I thank you for accepting me
even when I was wrong

I’ll remember all our coffee dates
And the bad jokes you would tell
I’ll remember the sound a Chiff Chaff makes
Eager or not, you taught me well

Each time I spy a fisherman
In them I shall see you
A birdwatcher, a cricketer
A Darlington score too.

No-one will ever measure up
To the pedestal you’re on
You’ll always be my perfect Dad
Even though you’re gone

And sometime in the future
After years of sun and rain
I’ll feel your loving warm embrace
And hold your hand again.

Jilly

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.