My poor, poor bruised brain.
Yesterday? Entire time laid up with Messrs Spasms and Nerve-pain. Super.
I've spent the majority of the day at my friends house, she is off work and housebound because her daughter, who has just had a major operation, has to lie with her face downwards for 3 weeks, hence spending the majority of her time on a massage table, peering through the head hole, watching a proped up TV. Which is great, only the 14 year old, heavy black eyeliner wearing, Doc Martin loving sweetheart that she is, lives for the likes of Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails and just about any other loud, banging and dam right scary rock band that's going.
Is it rock? I have no idea... Rock?......Heavy metal?...Slash? Oh hell no, isn't he a guitarist or something?
so, oh my god my bruised brain, it throbs and thrashes, I seriously think I may have shaken baby syndrome.
And the videos to accompany this noise? Every time I close my eyes, I see huge flickering tongues, snaking from the faces of dark purple lipped, black eyed, badly permed, burning cross holding, leather clad old men that should know better.
Now some of it I liked, but most of it? Went something like this.....
"RAAARRR RAR BLEEDING HEART LAHHWM RARRRRR SUICIDE"
*INSERT LOUD, LONG WINDED, WHINGING GUITAR SOLO HERE*
"BOOOWWWEEEE BLAAAAAAH BURNING HELL BOOOWWNN PAIN AND ANGUISH AHHHHHRRR!!
I did sing along to Marilyn's 'Personal Jesus' though, dayym, it was so obvious that the kid thought I was hip.... or would that just be me?
There's something heart warming about seeing a multiple pierced, black nail varnished, normally hormonal and hellish teenager curl up on her mum's lap for a cuddle in her Strawberry Sh0rtc@ke pajamas. Bless.


