Liar liar pants on fire
Thanks for the comments, Grandad is much better and back at home, but on to more pressing matters....
It seems an old addiction has come back to haunt me. I am at a loss at to what to do, the old feelings of guilt and secrecy have creeped back into my life.
It just kind of happened, it wasn't something I was even aware of or am physically able to stop and it is totally freaking me out. I mean back then, in the olden days, it seemed more acceptable, but now?
The past 3 nights I have woken up to find myself...
.
.
.
Sucking my thumb. What the fuck?!
It's just so dirty and shameful, apart from the fact that I keep getting flashbacks of my mother stood in my bedroom doorway, or tugging at my arm when I'm curled up on the sofa trying to watch Mr Benn.
"Get THAT out of you mouth, you're have one thumb shorter than the other, not to mention those self inflicted bucked teeth costing me a fortune at the dentist"
I have no idea what the hell has caused this. Could it be that I've been avoiding chocolate? Could I be dreaming I have a Curly Wurly attached to my hand? I was a late thumb sucker stopper I will admit, about 14 I think, jeez, that was 21 years ago, should I just be grateful I've had such a long reprieve?
I'll have to have a gander in the Yellow P@ges for TSA Meetings, failing that, stapling my thumb into my bum crack should do the trick, cos something has to be done before I find myself stood in the middle of the post office screaming for my blankie.


