Nowt like a nice cuppa.
Shh. It's 3am and I can't sleep, which is ironic seen as I came to bed at 9pm because I was so. bloody. tired. Gah! Not a snore has passed my lips in 6 hours, much to the relief of the neighbours whose bedroom is directly below mine, which means the stupid/karma balance has been restored.
I've given up fighting and am sat in bed with a cuppa, because I'm British and that's what we do. Shit still going down in Iraq? Put the tinny on, we will all love each other unconditionally by the time it's brewed.
There is still rain, which continues to run down my bathroom wall. I dismantled the extractor fan yesterday and I kid you not, there was enough fluff on those blades to knit a jumper. I was convinced that would fix the leak. Removal of the fluff that is, not knitting a jumper, but no, it still runneth and the carpet still rotteth and if I wasn't waiting to move I would have had it fixed and new flooring put down by now, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to go to all that trouble, because as is the law of sod, a month later I'll have to move out and that would stink, but not as much as the carpet does right now, I have an invisible stenchy wet dog.
I pushed my luck while trying to get to a neighbouring village today. I took the short cut, which in hindsight was ludicrous as it's a stretch of road that's notorious for disappearing underwater, but for some reason and I no not why, I thought I was on Tracey Island and kept imaging my car would miraculously sprout a rudder or maybe take flight if I put my foot down hard enough, rather like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, singing with my ridiculously fake Cockney accent whilst holding a Toot Sweet, the candy you whistles, the whistles you eat.
I found myself sat in the road, (in the car obviously, not actually 'sat' in the road) staring at the place where the road just disappeared into a lake that stretched field after field after field, almost as if I expected the water to part. Apparently I think I'm Moses, but that would be Chris Martin and Gwen's kid, who will have fun at the swimming baths for the rest of his life no doubt. I really would have liked to take photos, but it was, horror of horrors, raining and as much as I love my flickr account, I don't love it enough to make my hair frizzy, again. I wasn't the only dimwit sat in the road with a gormless look on my face, there were 4 of us, in a row, all unable to turn around in such a narrow lane. I shall spare you how I got out of that situation, but just to say it took some time and much heavy handedness on the steering wheel.
I think I should stop now, this appears to have become a rather incoherent drowsy ramble and also, my tea is getting cold.
Goodnight/morning/day
*delete as appropriate cos I don't have a fucking clue.



