« Home | Grandad Ernie 4.11.1919 - 05.01.2009 » | Memories are what you make them » | Trying and failing to prepare » | WTF, I didn't even know what lip gloss WAS at 11!! » | It was whilst dancing to Wham » | Brighter Day » | Blogger Gazette Christmas Edition » | Dear Teacher » | Celebration of not so attractive 'epic proportions' » | The only time I've ever wished Michael Phelps was ... » 

Thursday, January 15, 2009

As One Chapter Closes


Thank you for all the lovely messages.

Grandad's funeral was today. We managed to get Dad there. It was a beautiful funeral, perfect, he would have been proud.

Now all the planning and arrangements are over, I hope to settle back into my daily routine of supporting both parents. It's a relief to be able to concentrate on their needs again, as I feel I've neglected them since Grandad passed.

My goal is to find a way to take Dad out for coffee again. He hasn't been mobile enough since before Christmas and after having resisted a wheelchair for so long, I think I've persuaded him to give in to not cut off his nose to spite his face.

Fingers crossed I can manage it on my own and maybe even squeeze a smile out of him. It's been so long since I've seen one, just one smile would make my year.

|


Personal

About
Email

Currently Reading



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aprilmatilda. Make your own badge here.