"Darling, the drains appear to be blocked"
A friend's husband is running a marathon for Cancer Research next month. On Monday evening our usual group of girls met up at that particular couple's house and whilst slurping our 8th cup of coffee, the hostess asked if we would mind sponsoring him.
Now I don't mind sponsoring most people, it's something I'm mostly willing to do, but in situations like this, things can sometimes get rather awkward. Instead of each friend quietly filling in the form and passing it along, friend #1 decided to announce her given amount, followed swiftly by friend#2, #3, #4 and #5.
"Oh he's trained SO hard, I think £1 a mile at least"
"Oh definitely, it's such a worthy cause"
"Yeah, £26 is nothing really, not when you consider the statistics"
"and it's so good of him to take up the challenge"
"Oh yes, you've got to support him haven't you"
Hmmmm, let's see..
Friend #1 - Holistic clinic and public house owner
Friend #2 - Full time hairdresser with computer programmer husband
Friend #3 - Public house and restaurant owner
Friend #4 - Directors PA
Friend #5 - Joint owner of holistic clinic with Friend #1, self employed builder husband.
Jilly - Benefit, periodically selling crap on eBay, odd babysitting jobs
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
I can't afford £26, I sponsored him £5, is it wrong to hope he gets dilapidating cramp at the 5 mile mark?
************
The flat next door is up for sale...
..mwwhaha, mwwhahaha, mmwwwhahahahahaha!



