Interview with a Poltergeist
I made the all too often but fatal mistake of watching one of those paranormal documentaries that scare the crap out of you for days. This one documented the possession of a 11 year old girl, in the 70's, by an old codger named Bill who apparently died in the bed the girl was now sleeping in.
It showed footage of her being flung around her room like a rag doll, once ending up crouched atop a tall chest slurring obscenities at the camera. I managed to keep belief at bay, convincing myself that the girl was a self taught '90 year old gruff voice' imitator looking for some attention, UNTIL, the investigator filled the girl's mouth with water, taped over her lips and asked 'Bill' to 'talk', to which the deepest, raspiest voice replied........
"Fuck off and leave me alone!", which was when my teeth ran out of nail and chomped into a cuticle.
I'm still working on ridding those scenes from my head, but the sound of that voice is as prevalent as ever, so much so, that every time the guinea pig hops onto my lap I keep expecting her to look up, belch and growl..
"For the love of god woman, stop with the fibre"


