Princess Nicole
I couldn't wait for Fathers Day to be over. It's desperately uncomfortable when your parents have a row whilst you and your Grandad are forced to listen. I know all couples row occasionally and it has always been a huge part of their relationship, almost a term of endearment, which is acceptable if they are happy living that way, but not acceptable to make others embarrassed whilst acting out the process. They really should leave it for alone time.
There were 52 floor tiles in our half of the restaurant, plus it needs re-grouting, I should know, I spent a good half an hour looking at it whilst wishing I was somewhere else entirely.
*****
Let me introduce you to a gorgeous little girl. Whilst supporting her through Post Pals, she has taught and inspired me more than I thought possible. Treated at the same hospital as me and diagnosed with a similar tumour 3 years ago, which also left her with paralysis, she has beaten the odds and continues to amaze me with her grit and determination as each day goes by.
When you next have a down day, think of Nicole, her courage and all she has endured, whilst still able to enjoy life. Pretty remarkable for a just turned 7 year old. Regardless of her situation, this kid is going to make a difference to the world, you mark my words.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE, YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION ABOVE ALL INSPIRATIONS.


