My very own 'Whomping Willow'
I have just driven back from Rachel's house in the most appalling gale force winds and torrential rain and am now planning to spend the night in the lounge recliner. You see I have recently developed a tree phobia, not a phobia where the sight of any tree makes me recoil and screech, that just wouldn't do living in this part of the world, but more a phobia of THE tree outside my bedroom window...
I have always thought it's creepy, Amityville horror creepy and have spent many a night lying awake waiting for the tap tapping on the window, before a branch punches the glass and grabs me by the ankles, whisking me away to be eaten alive by the soles of the tribe that were buried in the sacred ground beneath my house.
The worry lately has been the high damaging winds we have been experiencing, I just don't trust those tree roots to stay in the ground, it's an old, old tree and we all know that everything living has to keel over sooner or later and I just can't help but have the feeling that it's going to be soon, right into my bedroom, where I will be trapped for hours impaled by those witch like spikey branches. So until these conditions calm down, I'm staying in the safe half of the house.
I've just had a light bulb moment actually, when I was a child we lived in a thatched cottage in a wood (no I'm not little red riding hood) and a tree fell into my parents bedroom in the middle of the night, I will never forget the fire engines, police and the sight of such an enormous trunk disappearing into the thatch.
Well, what do ya know, I'm a psychologist!




